DEE SAFETY COMMITMENT
DEE endeavour to create a culture of safety, health and environment saw a new light with the implementation of Change Agents for Safety, Health and workplace Environment. DEE is also committed to ensuring environmentally sustainable and responsible operations to achieve highest standards of excellence.
Industrial safety in the context of occupational safety and health refers to the management of all operations and events within an industry, for protecting its employees and assets by minimizing hazards, risks, accidents and near misses. Employers are to make sure that these are strictly adhered to have maximum safety.
Industrial safety covers a number of issues and topics affecting safety of personnel and equipment in a particular industry. The following topics are generally discussed:
- General Safety – General aspects of safety which are common to all
- Occupational Safety and Health – Particularly associated with the occupation
- Process and Production Safety – Safety in the process and production etc.
- Material Safety – Safety of the materials used in the production
- Workplace Safety – Safety issues directly related to the workplace
- Fire Safety – Fire safety, in particular the risks associated to the industry
- Electrical Safety – In general and in particular, arising from the equipment used
- Building and Structural Safety – Safety in general including installations as per existing building code
- Environmental Safety – Issues of environmental safety (direct or indirect impact of the industry)