Pipe fittings remain one of the most integral parts of several manufacturing and processing industries. The following are a few varieties of pipe fittings that help in constructing a smoothly operating, leakage-free, durable, and optimal piping arrangement.
1. Elbows: Elbows find extensive use across industries for joining two pipes in different directions. Elbows of 45 or 90-degree angles are easy to find and help in changing the direction of the flow of liquids and gases through a piping arrangement. Therefore, many industries consider this variety of pipe spools a must for smooth operations.
2. Reducers: Reducers generally join two pipes with different diameters. In short, a pipe with a larger diameter gets attached to another pipe with a smaller diameter with the help of threaded or non-threaded reducers.
3. Couplings, Caps, Plugs, and Adapters: Couplings and adapters are typically used for joining two pipelines. Both varieties remain available in different shapes, patterns, and sizes. Plugs and caps are useful for blocking the end of a pipeline.
4. Unions: Featuring a nut, a male, and a female end, unions join the ends of two pipes to make them work as one. Much like elbow pipe fitting, this is also a pipe joining spool.
5. Crosses: Crosses also join pipes but in a different fashion. Crosses feature four (4) openings to facilitate a cross-design fitting.
6. Valves: Valves remain available in different sizes, shapes, and specificities to match the varying requirements of the industries. However, the primary task of these valves remains to control ( Open, close and regulate) the flow pressure of liquids and gases through a pipeline.
7. Outlets: Outlets are one of the most abundantly used pipe spools. One end of the outlets remains open while another remains attached to a pipe. The open end empties the liquid into a tank or cistern to which it remains burrowed.
8. Tees: Tees are particularly helpful in rerouting the flow of liquids or gases through a pipeline into two different channels. Industries using widespread piping arrangements use tees for joining the pipelines spread in different directions.
9. Flanges: Much like elbow pipe fitting, flanges find extensive application across industries. These fittings help extend the piping systems by joining pipes, pumps, and valves.
Industries That Use Pipe Fittings
The following list includes a few industries and projects where the various types of pipe fittings find extensive application.
DEE is one of the most reputed names in the field of industrial pipe fittings manufacturing. Its collection has all the varieties of pipe spools available in it. Additionally, you can order customised, shop-fabricated spools for accuracy and precision. Check the assortment and place an order for any industrial piping-related requirements.